Alejandro Garnacho has sent a congratulatory message to Manchester United team-mate Kobbie Mainoo after the midfielder’s maiden, senior England call-up.. It was announced earlier today Mainoo had been included in Gareth Southgate’s squad for upcoming friendlies against Brazil and Belgium at Wembley Stadium.. The teenage star was initially named in the Three Lions’ under-21s squad, though has seen his impressive performances at club level rewarded in the form of the chance to represent Southgate’s side either on Saturday or next Tuesday.. Reacting to the news of this proud moment, Mainoo wrote on his personal Instagram page: “It’s an honour to receive my first senior call-up.” Many players have since responded to this post with comments of support, one of which was Garnacho. The Argentine simply said: “My man.”. READ MORE: Gareth Southgate new favourite to be next Man United manager as Sir Jim Ratcliffe makes decision. READ MORE: Man United co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe unveils ambitious plans for a new 100,000 capacity Old Trafford. The decision to be named in the senior squad comes after Southgate previously indicated his plan was not to rush the development of the 18-year-old, who put in another stellar display for United during Sunday’s FA Cup triumph against Liverpool.. Speaking after naming his England squad last week, the Three Lions’ boss said of Mainoo: “I think that he’s doing brilliantly for a young player, and we’re never slow to put a young payer into the seniors, but he’s only had a handful of games and you have to be very careful development-wise in making those decisions at the right time. We think ideally we should allow him that space to develop at his own speed.. “But I repeat: he’s doing really well for a young player. He’s a good footballer – you can see that. And he’s getting some fabulous experience with Manchester United at the moment. And he looks a really good character.”. Try MUFC Pro NOW for free. Subscribe to our brilliant app for the best way to enjoy the M.E.N’s unrivalled Manchester United coverage.. No adverts, pop-ups or distractions – just our brilliant content presented in the best way possible.. Comprehensive, round-the-clock coverage of the Reds, with agenda-setting breaking news and insight from Samuel Luckhurst and our authoritative team of United writers. Exclusive content for subscribers. New interactive elements including (coming soon) quizzes to test your United knowledge.. Try MUFC Pro for a front-row seat to the action at absolutely no cost for the first month. You can get started by downloading our app here on iPhone, or here on Android. If you already have our app, click on the ”MUFC Pro’,’ Subscribe’ or ‘ Remove ads’ links.. *Free trial auto renews at £19.99 annually unless cancelled. T&C’s apply. Ad-free indicates that you will not be shown standard display ad formats with the articles that you read, selected articles may contain commercial messages/affiliate links where contractually required.
Â